My forehead, nose, cheeks, and from the elbows up was all lobster red and is currently peeling. And, JFC, the amount of times I have slammed my arms into the doorways since getting this burn is unbelievable. White as I am (and I am PALE lately) I have never burned from less than around 12 hours in a pool before. So I totally thought two would be fine, and I was only a tiny bit pink near my nose when I got out. Then three hours later I was a lobster.
We also have cable now (Cox) instead of satellite and every single thing I watch is now on three hours later because AZ sucks.
I still have no job. I have insurance, though? And unemployment. I kind of got fired at a great time, though, because I've been able to help take care of Ma and go to her doctor's appointments with her, and even though I worked at home before I couldn't go to appointments except for when she could get them scheduled on Wednesdays.
I started a mainline of The West Wing, and I'm up to 2.16 so far. I loooooooooooooove it. So, in about ten years I'll probably watch The Social Netowkr finally too.
I have actually gotten, like. Really into makeup. Really really. I know, lose your job and then find something expensive to like, right? But I totally have learned how to pinch pennies and the magics of things like online surveys and ebates (holy shit, if you shop online you need this place, it is totally legit and I've made $20 from shopping). Also, not hesitating to return anything that doesn't work for me. Doesn't matter if it's .99 or $60, if I don't love it, I take it back.
Also, I made a giant OCD spreadsheet that is an itemized inventory of everything makeup that I own. Because, hi, me.
Fandom-wise, I am totally still in Supernatural (though, holy shit, S9, what. Just what.), I watch Teen Wolf (as Tumblr says: Jeff Fucking Davis is a gift I'd like to return), and I live on Twitter more than anything else.
And now, a meme!
10 (fandom) Facts About Me
Just list 10 facts about fandom/ships/characters/kinks/headcanons whatever you like!
1. I joined fandom when I was 12. I'm 28 now, so I have spent more than half my life (16 years) in fandom.
2. The first ep of Teen Wolf I watched live was the S2 finale, and the first ep of SPN I watched live was Route 66.
3. I skim the sex in fic most of the time. Sometimes I'll read it, but for the most part once it starts I skim and pick up when it's over. This is probably a big part of why I get annoyed at fics where the ending is that the two characters have sex. I feel short-changed.
4. I cannot and will not read fic with drug use. I can't. I hate when there is random pot in a scene in a fic and that usually makes me make Ugh faces at it. The last time I said something like this I got defriended y a lot of people, but right now I don't care. It doesn't trigger me in the way you think of when people say "trigger" but it comes awfully close.
5. I love mpreg. I do. IDEK what it is. I used to kind of like it, and then I like it in a weird shameful way (mostly because LBR, good mpreg is hard to find) but when the mpreg is good it is SO GOOD and I am totally fine with you guys judging me.
6. I also love easter eggs in RPF. I love reading J2 and spotting one-off and background characters. I play that "MATT BOMER! FBDKS IT'S JASON MOMOA!!!" game where I flail all over like when I catch Aldis in a rerun of Bones.
7. Parallel AUs, too. Where you change the main setting but you can still see it poking through? GIVE THEM TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE.
8. I'll go through phases where I don't want to read anything but MCU Avengers genfic or Tim/Kon or something else weirdly specific that isn't a primary fandom of mine.
9. 90-95% of the shirts I own are fannish tees. One is Sherlock, one is Teen Wolf, and basically everything else is Supernatural or DC.
10. I love bottom!Sam like air and I will never stop being sad that fandom by and large prefer bottom!Dean and incredibly toppy top!Sam.