- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Master list here.
Not that I really expect anything from this but hey, it'll at least get me organized.
1) Anything off my new Amazon wish list or my Hot Topic wish list, the Hot Topic one has a lot more cheaper stuff. E-mail used for Hot Topic is Girly_Goku(at)yahoo(dot)com. I don't really expect anything from my family off of these so it would be really awesome to get anything (Even a button).
2) Post-cards. Doesn't matter where you live, I want a post-card from there. You know, those touristy ones that has a local monument on them or something. And if by chance you're in a country that speaks another language it would be awesome if you could write something in your native tongue on it.
3) Paid icons. The more icons the better!
4) A one-month subscription to Otaku World.
5) Letters to my brother, who is in prison and will be for a very long time (15+ years). I write him as often as I can but the more letters he gets the happier he'll be.
6) LotR Boys Burns. Lemme explain, the LotR Boys have guested on TV shows, if at all possible I would love for someone to burn onto CD and send me some or all of them (Damn my Americanness!). The list is as follows: Billy Boyd - Taggart: Dead Mans Chest (1996), Dominic Monaghan - Any episode of "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates", Elijah Wood - "Homicide: Life on the Street" - "The True Test" (episode # 5.8) 22 November 1996, and Sean Bean - Any episode of Sharpe. Also any of the LotR casts appearances on talk shows (Especially Grahm Norton) are especially welcome!
7) Photoshop. Burn it and send it on a CD or point me out where I can DL it for free. I need to learn how to make icons (I'm okay at it, I made my default in about an hour, including time learning how to animate crapily) but I can't do that if I only have MS Paint.
8) Presents for my brother. Books and music cassettes more specifically. In order for an inmate to recieve books/casstes you have to send the money straight to the publisher/music label and tell them to send the book directly to the inmates address. It's somewhat complicated but it's worth it. If anyone wishes to do this please comment and I'll tell you what books/music he likes and exactly how to do it.
9) A cheap, working laptop with a CD-DVD drive. I don't even neccisarily need one, I just need to know where to get one for less than $1400. The cheeper the better and it doesn't even have to work great, I can fix it up, I just need the basics.
10) Fics and graphics. LotR, LotRips, Lost, Charlie, Hurley, Sayid, Sawyer, Boone, DC Comics, Superman, Batman, Superboy, Robin, Nightwing, Green Lantern (Kyle!), Teen Titans, Grace, The Outsiders... anything. A drabbly, a background, an icon, doesn't matter. Something fun and creative.
E-mail me for contact info for myself and for my brother in case you wish to write him. E-mail is Girly_Goku(at)yahoo(dot)com. I know my odds of getting anything are slim-to-none but I have to at least try.