Trans issues in fanfiction.
I love realism and I love seeing issues in fic. Of course there's a fine line between Real Issues and Social Commentary. It's too easy to fall into Route 666
territory while aiming for Nightmare
. And? I have my own little things too.
See. My thing about this? Is that I am
the gay agenda. Seriously. I helped one of my friends realize he was FtM and another give a name to her androgyny. And? I helped another person realize that liking females with male genitalia isn't "straight." Also? I spread the slash and have a statistically improbable amount of GLBTQ friends. Seriously. You want proof? Here are my friends IRL.Phil
- Gay. Writes and reads M/M.Liz
- Lesbian. Watches chick-porn and obsesses over The L Word
- Big lesbian.Mo-fleaky
- Bi. Wouldn't put it passed her to watch something with horses in it if she got bored.Heather
- Slightly bi, 90% lesbian, 10% straight. Big on the F/F art and likes M/M sometimes too.Girl-Errin
- Bi. Reads and writes M/M.Aiden
- Gay male. Non-op FtM. Used to get squicked easily, now sends me M/M comic-porn when we're online at the same time.Addie
- Straight female (Androgynous). Cross-dresser.Midget
- Lesbian. Thought she was straight for a long time that I knew her until she met her girlfriend Darlene.Nicole
- Pansexual/Asexual. Reads/writes M/M. Oddly? Not all that big on F/F.Pissy
(Non-blood sister) - Bi. Reads and writes M/M and F/F.Chelsea
(Non-blood sister) - Straight. Reads and writes M/M.Brittney
- Straight. Squicks easy and thinks two boys kissing is "icky."Newbie
- Straight. Makes incestuous jokes about him and his twin.Brittan
- Straight. Cross-dresser.Travis
- Unsure. Likes "chicks with dicks" as he put it. He likes women and women with male genitalia but not men flat-out. Has made out with a another guy while possibly drunk.Beer
- Straight (Claiming). Makes out with and half-molests both men and women when he's drunk. Is pretty much always drunk.James
(Ex-boyfriend) - Claims to be bi, obviously gay. Wrote one piece of M/M that scared the fucking shit out of me cause... Because.Monic
(Sister in law I haven't seen in years) - Lesbian.Aaliyah
- Lesbian. Did not realize that two men could have anal sex. Once referred to what she thought they could do as "Sword fighting." Complete with bouncing index fingers.Shaina
- Straight. Once "accidentally" went to hardcorehentai.comTaYam
- Bi. Thought he was straight until Pissy helped him realize that him liking guys wasn't bad. Wrote a horrible M/M once back when he thought he was straight. Also used to smack his male cousin's ass.Qwirt
- Straight? TaYam's cousin. Gave a blowjob to a banana flavored condom. Undressed all my male FKiss dolls to see if they were anatomically correct.
Now? Every fandom I'm in I suddenly want one or more people to have an ex who is either pre, post, or non-operative. And? I suddenly want to give everyone a huge amount of gay friends. Why? BECAUSE I BARELY KNOW ANY STRAIGHT PEOPLE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY ACT! Really. Me and my friends all make all sorts of gay jokes and send porny pictures and most of us find two guys together really hot. And with like... two or three exceptions it's because the person who doesn't like it just has no
interest in men at all. I really have like no
clue how the average straight person acts with their friends.
Brittney is the straightest person I know but you know what? She ain't exactly the kind of person you want to use as a standard for friends. She's an attention-hog and if she's not interested in something you're saying she'll try to change the topic or just leave.
This... took a different turn then it was supposed to.
Mainly what I'm saying? Is that I have this habit of wanting to make everyone GLBTQ and give everyone GLBTQ friends. Even if it's not usually realistic because it's what I
This icon is kinda perfect.